Monday 8 January 2024

LIFE ON SWAN LANE WHARF AND A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Life on the wharf is quiet so I don’t tend to do my blog during the winter, but I thought I would just write a short update and wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I started back at work, as I mentioned at the end of my last instalment. I also started Slimming World, the main reason being my poor knees. I was hopeful that by losing weight they wouldn’t be so painful. Well after losing 2 stone since October I can say its definitely working. My plan is to lose another 1½ stone before we leave in April, so fingers and everything crossed I can do it.


We spent Christmas Day on the boat with our friends Col and Mags, and Pete’s son Gary. I was worried we wouldn’t all fit round our table, but we did and everyone enjoyed a traditional Christmas dinner, with crackers and plenty of wine. We also went to the Brickies for a couple of pint and it was great to see Theresa and the gang.

We visited family before Christmas, and met the Captains new granddaughter Olive for the first time. My grandson Dylan has really grown and is a proper chunky monkey now. And we are now waiting for the next one to arrive at the beginning of February, but we have no idea if its a girl or a boy. 


Olive

Dylan

New Year was a quiet affair, I did a tapas buffet for us and Col and Mags, but Col wasn’t well and went home early, Mags stayed longer but we saw the New Year in on our own. We stood on the back of the boat watching all the fireworks going off, and toasted the coming year.

We still haven’t finalised our cruising plans for the summer, but the River Nene and the Mid Levels in the Norfolk/Northamptonshire area is a strong possibility.

The Captain turns 70 this year and a special holiday is also planned, so watch this space.

Here’s hoping 2024 is happy healthy and prosperous for us all.


Us


4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year from the NB Oleanna crew

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did the Nene 2022 after crossing the Wash-Boston to Wisbech.It was brilliant ! We did use a guide who was great.Plenty of great places to moor on the Nene.👍
    We're going to try the Ribble link for the third attempt.1st try- big hole in the canal,2nd try-got as far as Tarleton & crossings were stopped due to really bad weather(no crossings for the next 2 weeks).Fingers crossed we do it this time ! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck hope you manage it this time xx

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I always enjoy hearing how you enjoyed my blog and will answer any question if I can